The IBA (International Bartenders Association) refer to The Bramble as a New Era Cocktail (as opposed to a Classic or as they call them 'Unforgettables').
The Bramble Cokctail, has a clean, fresh and refreshing taste. The lemon juice counter acts the sweet Blackberry Liqueur (Creme de Mure can be used) to give a wonderful 'roundness' sensation in the mouth. Two shots of Gin give this Cocktail a nice potent kick.
- 2x Shot Gin
- 1x Shot Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2x Shot Sugar Syrup
- 1/2x Shot Blackberry Liqueur
- Place all the ingredients (except Blackberry Liqueur) into a Boston Shaker over crushed ice
- Strain into a chilled Old Fashioned tumbler glass
- Drizzle slowly the Blackberry Liqueur over the crushed ice to give a beautiful, marble effect
It is said Dick Bradsell of Fred's Club in Soho, London created this wonderful Cocktail in the 1980's.According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Bradsell (a London born innovative Mixologist) "single-handedly (changed) the face of the London cocktails scene in the 1980s." A creative Mixologist, he is credited with a number of new Cocktails. The Observer newspaper has described him as the "Cocktail king".