There are as many variations and versions of a Bloody Mary as there are days in the year! The key ingredients of a classic (and modern) Bloody Mary are Tomato juice, Vodka, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce. However this can vary from Mixologist to Mixologist - as each tend to have their own 'secret' ingredient making it special, different and of course absolutely incredible!
- 2 shot Ketal One Vodka
- 4 Shot Tomato Juice
- 8 Drops Tabasco Hot Sauce
- 4 Dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 2-3 Grind Black Pepper
- 1 Pinch Celery salt
- Add all the ingredients into the Cocktail shaker over ice
- Gently roll as opposed to shake the ingredients
- Shaking affects the viscosity - so use the 'Cuban roll' technique - 10-20 gentle rolls
- Strain into a ice-filled COLLINS glass
- Garnish with Chilli pepper and celery stick
Like all great Cocktails, the origins of The Bloody Mary are clouded in mystery. A good comprehensive account is given by Simon Difford. There are two names that are prominent in the history of this classic cocktail; actor George Jessel and Fernand Petiot.