If you like the kick of 'Vodka and Red Bull' then this combination of pure Caffeine and Vodka is far superior. Espresso coffee, coffee liqueur, simple syrup and Vodka make this a memorable as well as powerful cocktail. A connoisseur's delight.
- 1 & 1/2 shot Ketal One Vodka
- 1 & 1/2 Shot Espresso Coffee (freshly made)
- 1/2 Shot Coffee Liqueur (Kahlua)
- 1/4 Shot Sugar syrup (simple syrup)
- Add all the ingredients into the Cocktail shaker over ice
- Strain into a ice-filled COUPE or MARTINI glass
- Garnish with 3 coffee beans floating on the top
British Mixologist Dick Bradsell (4th May 1959 - 27th February 2016) in the late 1980's created this now classic Cocktail at The Soho Brasserie in London. Like all good Mixologists, when a client asks for a Cocktail but doesn't know what he or she wants - a good Mixologist can interpret that request and create something that is special and brilliant. This is exactly how The Espresso Martini appeared. It is said a young female model entered the Cocktail bar where Dick Bradsell was working and asked for something to "wake me up and f**k me up". Next to Bradsell at the bar was a Coffee machine. The combination of this simple coffee machine (as an ingredient) as well his sheer knowledge of Mixology and brilliance lead to him adding Vodka, Coffee liqueur and Tia Maria to make this spectacular Cocktail.
As the years went by Tia Maria was replaced by simple syrup to add the 'sweetness'.